Dr. B. Ravi Shankar
CONSULTANT CLINICAL ONCOLOGIST
Thank you for saving my life, again. I believe you are the very best doctor, ever. I appreciate your dedication to your patients, your sense of humor and especially the special attention I always feel I get from you.
- He passed MBBS from Sri Devaraj deemed university kolar, in 1992.
- Conferred with Gold Medal in Pharmacology during MBBS in 1988
- He joined MD radiotherapy in Christian Medical College, Vellore 1994 and completed in 1997
- He passed DNB examination in year 2001.
- In year 2007 he completed part 1 FRCR in clinical oncology from HONG KONG
- He is a European certified medical oncologist in 2010 by passing ESMO examination
- He is the first Indian to achieve the Fellow of ESTRO in 2013 after successfully completing examination in Geneva Switzerland
- He has passed MRCP in Medical oncology from UK September 2013
- MBA in Hospital Administration from Andhra University 2016
- He has joined as Assistant Professor of Radiotherapy in March 2005 in Kakatiya Medical College, Warangal, later transferred to Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam in July 2005 and continuing as same till date
- From December 1997 to March 2005 worked as Consultant Radiation Oncologist at Lions Cancer Hospital, Seethammadhara, N.E., Vishakapatnam.
- From May 1997 to December 1997 he worked as Radiation Oncologist at Christian Cancer Center, Kakinada.
- 3 years of academic M.D. Program in the department of Radiation oncology at Christian Medical College. The department is equipped with 3 telecobalt units and Linear Accelerators with software and gadgets for X knife, IMRT, 3D CRT Stereotactic Radiosurgery and Radiotherapy, intracavitary interstitial implants with Caesium and Iridium using Remote after loading and manual after loading techniques. The teaching programme includes conducting classes for juniors and Nursing staff. Regular Tumour Board with other Department and Journal clubs with our Department Faculty and Seminars.
- 1 year at Christian Medical College, Vellore in the Department of emergency medicine and S.S.H.S during 1992-1993
- He has conducted a conference on Best of ASTRO 2017.
- He has conducted a conference APAROICON 2016.
- He has conducted a conference ONCO 2008 at Visakhapatnam as Organizing Secretary.
- He has conducted a conference ONCO 2006 at Visakhapatnam as Organizing Secretary. The Conference involved various speakers of national and international fame
- He has conducted a conference in 2004 as Organizing Secretary named ONCO 2004 inviting International and National Speakers.
|Course||year||Institution / Country||Attempt|
|MBA Hospital Administration||2016||Andhra University||One|
|ESTRO fellow exam||2013||Geneva Switzerland||One|
|MRCP in Medical Oncology||2013||UK||One|
|ECMO European Certification in Medical Oncology||2010||Milan||One|
|PDCR||2010||CATALYST CLINIC SERVICES||One|
|Oncology Clinical Trial Training Program||2010||CATALYST SERVICES||One|
|FRCR in Clinical Oncology||2007||Hong Kong||Passed Part 1|
|Radiation Oncology Diplomat of National Board of Examination (DNB)||2001||National Board of Examinations||One|
|Post Graduation, MD||1994-97||Christian Medical College, Vellore, India||One|
|MBBS||1986-92||Sri Devarrajurs Medical College, Bengalore University||One|